The new academic year is approaching, and the "back to school" season has begun in shops across the country. While students are off enjoying their summer, teachers are getting some well-deserved rest (we hope?). Meanwhile, the school is preparing for another year, with fresh new exercise books, crisp new uniforms and improvements to the school building.
What better way to go back to school than with some great promotional products for your students and employees?
To make this blog easier to navigate, we have separated our list into halves. The first half: Products for the students. The second half: Products for employees, teachers, administrators or otherwise, aimed at improving their well-being or to aid their teaching in some way.
For the Students
Back to School Bookmarks
- A branded bookmark would be an ideal product to give to any student, of any age. Bookmarks not only encourage reading but they can even make reading easier. Some use bookmarks to follow the text on the page. You could even get bookmarks in a range of colours; encouraging students to do more extracurricular reading by allowing them to collect them as a reward. The more a person reads, the more likely it is to become a habit. Check out our brand-able Page Markers, which are full colour printed and can be decorated with funky characters to appeal to the younger generation of readers.
If you want something a bit sophisticated, perhaps for older students then why not try the Leather Bookmark, which comes with tassels and if foil blocked. Interestingly, bookmarks date back to the Middle Ages (5th to 15th Century). They were found in Mediaeval monasteries, used as scroll markers. Now they definitely weren't reading about Harry and his adventures at Hogwarts back then, but it’s so interesting to know that bookmarks go back that far in time.
Back to School? Safety First!
- A clip-on pedestrian reflector is perfect for attaching to school backpacks or coats, especially on younger students. Anything that helps them be seen when walking to and from school will keep them safe. Reflectors work through retroreflection, which occurs when a bright light (e.g a cars headlight) is shone on them. They reflect that light back in the same direction, instead of scattering, like normal light reflection. This increases the chances that the driver will see the pedestrian and be able to avoid them. Check out the "Rfx™️ Full Reflective Meteor" which can attach to your bag via the carabiner and is also ideal as storage too!
Students School Uniforms
- A kid's size baseball cap for all of your primary school students would be brilliant, as an additional part of the school uniform, you’ll be likely to recognise them in crowds if on a school trip. Not only this but caps can shield you from the sun, preventing sunburn and heatstroke, allowing the wearer to see better as well as help you to regulate your body temperature. Check out the "SOL's Kids Sunny Cap" which is massively popular with schools and parents!
- Another über helpful product for any school student is a water bottle. Help encourage all your students to drink water by giving them a branded water bottle. Check out our whole range of branded water bottles here. Giving all students the same bottle to use at school would everyone has the same bottle, which prevents bullying if a student doesn't have the trendiest things.
- Our final suggestion for “back to school” products for students is a school branded t-shirt, perfect for their school P.E kit, you can even give them one based on their house colours! Check out our full range of childrens t-shirts!
For Your Employees
- We’ve already talked about staying hydrated, but we thought for the employees at the school could do with a multi-purpose bottle. Check out the "Insulated Vacuum Bottle - No Minimum Order", which can hold hot and cold liquid and you can have individual employee names engraved on them too.
- Get your employees a branded umbrella, helping to keep them dry while on a rainy-day playground duty or while watching the school's football team after classes. As well as that, they can take their school branded umbrellas with them everywhere, representing the school even on the weekend!
- Cosmetics, and we don’t mean mascara! I’m talking lip balms, sun screen and more! Again, not only helping to protect them from the elements, but to make them feel appreciated and better throughout the day. Making someone feel appreciated for their hard work can go a long way for improving their wellbeing.
Need a low quantity of branded merch? No problem! No minimum order merchandise is available here!
Time for a Cuppa?
- What does every teacher need on their break? A nice hot cuppa. Supply the staff room with branded, personalised mugs. Giving everyone a cup with their name on it will stop anyone accidentally drinking from someone else's cup and will help all employees feel extra appreciated. Check out this Full colour printed mug, with no minimum order quantity! which can be decorated with the school logo and personalised with names and coffee/tea orders! A fun and inclusive way of making everyone a cuppa in the staffroom! (Mines a drop of milk, one sugar by the way!)
- A school-branded diary would be extra helpful for teachers, so they can plan their weeks around each day, each class, even each lesson. It must be hard to keep track of everything all the time, so having a trusty diary will definitely help. They can also keep track of parents evenings, school events and their personal holidays too.
Looking for More Back to School Products?
If you want even more products perfect for the back to school season, and throughout the year, then check out our "Schools and Colleges" category, which contains all of the above and much more!